Annshellay Health Spa and Fitness is a holistic wellness center that treats the whole person focusing on the root cause and not the symptom. Our dedicated staff puts a strong emphasis on education and prevention. We believe that when it comes to our own health and well-being, the more we know, the better decisions we make. That’s why Annshellay’s Team would like to share useful information about natural medicine and natural remedies with our patients and friends! Below you will find 10 interesting and surprising facts about acupuncture in Orlando.
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used systems of healing in the world. Originating in China some 3,500 years ago, only in the last three decades has it become popular in the United States. At Annshellay Health Spa and Fitness we combine the renowned accomplishments of chinese natural medicine with achievements of contemporary Western medical sciences and offer you professional approach to acupuncture in Orlando.
- The word ‘acupuncture’ originates from the late 17th century and derives from Latin acu ‘with a needle’ + panura ‘to puncture’.
- Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years with safe and effective results in the treatment of illnesses and pain. The National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes acupuncture as effective in treating conditions such as: addiction (alcohol, drug, smoking), anxiety, arthritis, asthma, chronic fatigue, depression, fatigue, headache, indigestion, menopause, migraine, pain, PMS, sleep disturbances or stress.
- Chinese medicines states that there are almost 2,000 acupoints on a body. So far over 400 of these acupoints have been located, identified and described. Before performing acupuncture in Orlando session our experienced acupuncturist will identify the acupoints which are most relevant to your particular illness or condition.
- The research suggests that acupoints show signs of much better electric conduction than other points in a body.
- Initially, the needles used in ancient times were made from stone, bamboo, and bone elements. In modern era they were replaced by needles made of gold and silver. Today, needles used to perform acupuncture in Orlando at Annshellay Health Spa and Fitness are made from the highest quality medical steel.
- Acupuncture needles are significantly thinner than regular medical needles and don’t cause bleeding.
- Acupuncture, including acupuncture in Orlando, is performed in the way that the inserted needle generates an electric impulse that moves throughout your body faster than a pain stimulus - this way pain can be blocked and eradicated. Amazing fact: is it said that a needle inserted into the correct acupoints releases endorphins, which flow into the bloodstream and hence ease the pain!
- The correct insertion of a needle is painless and hence the whole treatment should not cause any discomfort. Acupuncture in Orlando offered by Annshellay Health Spa and Fitness is performed with utmost care to ensure maximum comfort and treatment efficacy.
- Acupuncture as a therapeutic intervention is widely practiced in the United States. There have been many studies conducted on its potential usefulness. Promising results of using this therapy have emerged, for example, when it comes to efficacy of acupuncture in adult postoperative and chemotherapy nausea, vomiting and in postoperative dental pain.
Find out even more about acupuncture in Orlando!
We invite you to explore the Annshellay Health Spa and Fitness website where you can find out more about acupuncture in Orlando and other health and fitness services we offer. Get in touch so our professional staff will advise you which natural medicine modality will give best results in treating your condition. Book your appointment today!